Magnesium Hydroxide Applications
Magnesium hydroxide is widely used as a flame retardant filler for plastics, resins, rubber, paints and other materials, as well as an antacid for the treatment of hyperacidity, a neutralizer for acid-containing wastewater, a desulfurizer, a laxative, a deodorant, etc. In addition, it is also used in the electronics industry, medicine, sugar refining and the preparation of other magnesium compounds (such as magnesium sulfate and magnesium oxide).
Magnesium Oxide Applications
1. Production of high-grade refractory magnesia-carbon bricks, high-calcium magnesia bricks, and high-grade refractory powder, which are used in large quantities and sold widely, and are indispensable refractory materials for iron and steel smelting.
2. Desulfurization in iron and steel smelting, and also used as floating agent in papermaking industry, its consumption is large.
3. Production of lightweight steel (partition panels for high-rise buildings, bricks, glazed tiles, etc.), whose performance is light weight, water release, fire prevention, heat insulation, and sound insulation. It is a new type of lightweight building material currently promoted by the state.
4. Production of magnesium carbonate, which is used in the production of magnesia carbon bricks and other chemical preparations.
5. Medicinal magnesium sulfate and magnesium oxide are used in medicine after treatment (medical magnesium sulfate).
6. Production of ceramics. It is used for enamel, and also for the production of floor tiles, interior and exterior wall tiles, artificial marble, artificial granite, building materials and interior and exterior lightweight wall tiles.
Magnesium Carbonate Applications
1. Used in the manufacture of magnesium salt, magnesium oxide, fireproof paint, ink, glass, toothpaste, rubber filler, etc., used as a flour improver, bread leavening agent, etc. in food.
2. Neutralizing gastric acid medicine, used for gastric and duodenal ulcers.
3. Alkaline agent, desiccant, color protectant, anticaking agent, carrier, leavening agent and acidity regulator. EEC approved for: table salt, powdered sugar, sour cream, milk, ice cream, biscuits. For the preparation of chemical leavening agents. Residues in food should not exceed 0.5% (Japan). It is used to prevent salt from agglomerating, and the addition amount is 0.1% to 0.3%.