Magnesium carbonate is mainly used in resin rubber in the following aspects:
1. Reinforcement and filling: magnesium carbonate is an excellent filler with high specific surface area and ionicity, which can be chemically bonded with resin, thus improving the strength, hardness, abrasion resistance and heat resistance of resin rubber.
2. Flame retardant: Magnesium carbonate is a natural inorganic flame retardant, which can absorb heat and hinder the spread of flame, thus improving the flame retardant property of resin and rubber.
3. Anti-corrosion: Magnesium carbonate has certain anti-corrosion properties, which can prevent resin rubber from corroding in corrosive media such as acid, alkali and salt.
4. Others: magnesium carbonate can also be used as filler, increaser and modifier of resin and rubber, which can be used to improve the properties of resin and rubber, such as processability, fluidity and weather resistance.
Specific applications are as follows:
1. In natural rubber, magnesium carbonate is mainly used as reinforcing filler, which can improve the strength, hardness, wear resistance and heat resistance of rubber products. Commonly used in the manufacture of tires, shoe soles, wires and cables, seals and so on.
2. In synthetic rubber, magnesium carbonate can also be used for reinforcing filler, but also can improve the flame retardant properties of rubber products. Commonly used in the manufacture of wear-resistant rubber, thermoplastic rubber, engineering rubber.
3. In resin, magnesium carbonate can be used to improve the strength, hardness, wear resistance and flame retardant properties of resin.
Commonly used in the manufacture of plastics, coatings, composite materials and so on.
The application of magnesium carbonate in resin rubber has the following advantages:
1. Wide source of raw materials, low price.
2. Excellent performance, can improve a variety of properties of resin rubber.
3. Wide range of applications, can be used in a variety of resin rubber.
At present, the application of magnesium carbonate in resin rubber is still developing, with the progress of technology, the application of magnesium carbonate in resin rubber will be more extensive.