Magnesium oxide is not only widely used in the chemical industry, but also in the food industry, from supermarkets to dining tables. As a common food additive, it is not only non-toxic and harmless, but also brings a lot of convenience to the food industry. Let’s take everyone to understand the benefits of magnesium oxide in the food industry!
1. Adjust acidity: Magnesium oxide can neutralize acidic substances and adjust the pH of food. This is very important to maintain the taste, texture and stability of the food. For example, magnesium oxide can be added to dairy products such as milk powder and cheese, or condiments such as beverages, sauces, and salad dressings to adjust pH, enhance stability, and extend shelf life.
2. Increase expansion: Magnesium oxide can react with acidic components to generate carbon dioxide, thereby increasing the expansion of food. These properties are very useful in baked foods such as bread and cakes. Can improve the volume and mouthfeel of bread.
3. Anti-caking: Magnesium oxide can be used as an anti-caking agent, which can control the moisture in food and prevent food from caking. For example, adding magnesium oxide to carrageenan fruit jam can effectively prevent the jam from caking.
4. Magnesium supplementation: Magnesium oxide is a rich source of magnesium. It can be used to supplement the missing magnesium in food, because magnesium is very important for human health. For example, adding magnesium oxide to bakery products can increase the food’s nutritional value.
5. Anti-oxidation: Magnesium oxide contains a high concentration of oxidizing components, which can help food resist oxidation and prolong the shelf life of food.
6. Promote digestion: Magnesium oxide can neutralize gastric acid and relieve gastric acid reflux to a certain extent. At the same time, it can also promote intestinal peristalsis and help digestion.
All in all, magnesium oxide has several uses in the food industry. Messi Biology has cooperated with many business customers in the past 20 years, focusing on providing each customer with excellent food-grade magnesium oxide products, and can provide technical support and parameter customization to solve the production technical problems of some manufacturers. Manufacturers match magnesium oxide products suitable for their own production formula. A final reminder that although magnesia is considered a relatively safe food additive, they should be used in the correct dosage to avoid negative effects.