Food Grade Magnesium Oxide (MgO) as a Food Additive (food ingredients)
Food-grade magnesium oxide is widely used in various industries, and its functions are also different due to different properties. Food grade magnesium oxide has a wide range of uses:
- Used as a food additive and color stabilizer, in food processing, it can be used as a decolorizing agent for sugar refining, a pH regulator for ice cream powder, etc., to make our food look better and taste more delicious;
- Used as a decolorizing agent, ice cream powder PH regulator, etc. during sugar refining.
- As an anti-caking agent and antacid agent, it can be used in the fields of wheat flour, milk powder chocolate, cocoa powder, grape powder, powdered sugar, etc. It can also be used in the manufacture of ceramics, enamel, glass, dyes, etc.
- As a supplement of magnesium in health products and food. It is also widely used in functional health products such as: calcium magnesium tablets, magnesium nutrients, food additives, etc.
- Magnesium oxide with low activity can also be used in agriculture as fertilizer and livestock feed. Magnesium oxide can not only supplement the lack of magnesium in the diet to prevent the occurrence of magnesium deficiency, but also is an excellent rumen buffer agent, regulating Rumen fermentation can increase the mammary gland’s absorption of milk synthesis precursors, increase milk production and milk fat rate. It can prevent heat stress. Magnesium ions can work together with sodium ions and potassium ions to maintain the balance of osmotic pressure inside and outside the cells, and alleviate the reaction of cows to heat stress, thereby increasing the feed intake of cows in summer and maintaining milk production. .
As an inorganic salt, magnesium oxide is generally used as an additive in food to increase magnesium ions and other uses. According to the latest research, magnesium oxide can be used as a preservative. The ideal preservative should be non-toxic, harmless, efficient, Broad spectrum and good biocompatibility and other characteristics.
Magnesium oxide can be used as a food preservative, and the preparation of synthetic magnesium oxide has a strong antibacterial effect. The antimicrobial properties of magnesium oxide also improve its mechanical and barrier properties. In order to broaden the antibacterial performance and application value of magnesia, magnesia can be compounded with other antibacterial agents.
The synergistic effect of magnesium oxide and nisin can effectively inhibit the growth of Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli in milk, which is beneficial to prolong the shelf life of milk. Magnesium oxide was added as an antibacterial and fungal agent to prepare a degradable composite material with broad-spectrum antibacterial function.
The functional use of magnesium oxide has been further extended, and its antibacterial and antifungal properties are called a new generation of preservatives.
Food additives (food ingredients) contribute to the overall appeal, convenience, nutritive value, and quality of foods. Food grade magnesium oxide is often used as a food additive (food ingredients) for powdered foods desiccant (drying agent), color retention, pH modification or as a magnesium mineral supplement.
Food grade magnesium oxide adds dietary value in the form of the mineral magnesium in dietary supplements. Magnesium is the fourth most common mineral in human bodies, with half of it found in bones as a strengthening component. Magnesium in blood and cells is vitally important for many functions such as cell metabolism, regulation of heartbeat and blood pressure, energy production, and neuromuscular functioning.
Magnesium is a mineral that is necessary for good health.
Magnesium Oxide (MgO) is odorless and non-toxic. It’s important for many functions in the body including, regulating muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels and blood pressure, as well as energy production and bone health.
In addition to its role in several bodily functions, magnesium has important roles as a food additive (food ingredients).
Reference products of the same level：
Products you might be interested in:
Food grade magnesium oxide powder FCC supplier
we are not a magnesium oxide granular FCC distributor; we are a magnesia (magnesium oxide, magnesium hydroxide) manufacturer focus on technology and research.