Magnesium oxide is a chemical product with a wide range of uses. With the upgrading of industrialization and the demand and development of the high-tech functional material market, a series of high-tech and fine magnesium oxide products have been developed and produced, which are widely used in various industries.
Magnesium Oxide (Mgo) is versatile and its uses are:
1. Production of high-grade refractory magnesia-carbon bricks, high-calcium magnesia bricks, and high-grade refractory powder, which are used in large quantities and sold widely, and are indispensable refractory materials for iron and steel smelting.
2. Desulfurization in iron and steel smelting, also used as floating agent in papermaking industry, its consumption is large.
3. Production of lightweight steel (high-rise building partition boards, bricks, glazed tiles, etc.), whose performance is light weight, water release, fire prevention, heat insulation, and sound insulation. It is a new type of lightweight building material promoted by the country at present.
4. Production of magnesium carbonate, which is used in the production of magnesia carbon bricks and other chemical preparations.
5. Medicinal magnesium sulfate and magnesium oxide are used in medicine after treatment (medical magnesium sulfate).
6. Production of ceramics. It is used for enamel, and also for the production of floor tiles, interior and exterior wall tiles, artificial marble, artificial granite, building materials and interior and exterior lightweight wall tiles.
Magnesium oxide has good performance in different industries. In the cable industry, it mainly plays the role of vulcanization accelerator, anti-scorch agent, filler, acid absorbing agent, fire retardant, high temperature resistance, corrosion resistance and wear resistance; In the adhesive industry, it acts as a vulcanization accelerator, anti-scorch agent, and acid absorbing agent; accelerates the reaction in the resin reaction solution. High-purity magnesium oxide has excellent alkali resistance and electrical insulation at high temperatures, high thermal expansion coefficient and thermal conductivity, and good light transmission.
It is widely used as a high-temperature heat-resistant material. Nano-magnesium oxide has obvious small size effect, surface effect, quantum size effect and macro tunnel effect. After modification, there is no agglomeration phenomenon. It has many special functions and important application value in optics, catalysis, magnetism, mechanics, chemical industry, etc. , the prospect is very broad, and it is an important new material in the 21st century. It can be seen that magnesium oxide is an indispensable additive in many products.
Nowadays, with the development of technology, functional materials have become a research hotspot, and the quality level of raw materials for functional materials has become a criterion for the development of functional materials. At present, it mainly develops applications in luminescent functional materials, optical functional materials, electronic functional materials and other fields. The above functional materials have very strict requirements on the purity of raw materials. Although there is no general industry standard in the world, in addition to referring to the application requirements of functional materials themselves, chemical reagent standards will also be used as reference standards. Taking high-purity electronic grade basic magnesium carbonate and magnesium oxide as examples, they are mainly used in aerospace electronic components, military electronic components, communication equipment, radar, etc., thus determining the technical indicators of high-purity electronic grade basic magnesium carbonate and magnesium oxide Require.